From the Editor
Six months have already passed since the last edition of the International Medicine Review. During this time period we have received the assessment from the Literature Selection Technical Review Committee (LSTRC) of the National Medical Library in Bethesda, USA. LSTRC makes judgement on the suitability of medical journals to be included in the MEDLINE international database. The inclusion of a journal in MEDLINE usually increases the reputation of the given publication and attracts contributions from well-known researchers.
The chance of being recognised has been slim and unfortunately the committee temporarily suspended the inclusion of our journal. The main points of criticism were the unsatisfactory quality of English of our articles; the lack of declaration of ethical standards of human and animal experiments and it was suggested that the journal should get articles from a wider range of authors in scientifically important areas.
It may surprise some of our readers that the American committee considered the journal as a predominantly Polish publication, mainly relevant in Poland. This interpretation is due to the relatively high proportion of contributions coming from our hard working chief editor and relatively small amount of material coming from other Esperanto-speaking medical practitioners.
Vice Editor-in-chief Editor-in-chief
Dr. Christoph Klawe Associate Professor Włodzimierz Opoka
Table of Contents:
- Acute intoxication with drugs of abuse and psychpharmacological medications in the emergency room– the situation in Cagliari, Italy MELIS Giada, PIA Giorgio, PIRAS Ilenia, TUSCONI Massimo (Full text)
- The excipients used in the non-coated tablets- a review. POLSKI Andrzej, IWANIAK Karol, NALEŚNIAK Magdalena, POLESZAK Ewa (Abstract) (Full text)
- Fatty acids profile in phospholipids of the erythrocyte membranes in swimming rats Joanna GDULA-ARGASIŃSKA, Małgorzata TYSZKA-CZOCHARA, Aneta TELEGŁÓW, Zbigniew DĄBROWSKI, Paweł PAŚKO, Tadeusz LIBROWSKI, Magdalena GAWEŁ, Magdalena OLBERT, Anna LIPKOWSKA (Abstract) (Full text)
- Accumulation of p-coumaric acid and other bioactive phenolic acids in in vitro culture of Ruta graveolens ssp.Divaricata (Tenore) Gams. H. EKIERT, A. PIEKOSZEWSKA, B. MUSZYŃSKA, S. BACZYŃSKA (Abstract) (Full text)
- Pharmacological activity of novel GABA re-uptake inhibitors in mice PODKOWA Adrian, GRZYWA Anna, LECHOCKA Anna, SZLONZAK Agata, KOWALCZYK Paula, KULIG Katarzyna, FILIPEK Barbara, SAŁAT Kinga (Abstract) (Full text)
- Fructose affects fatty acids profile in liver cells in vitro and in vivo models in rats Małgorzata TYSZKA–CZOCHARA, Joanna GDULA-ARGASIŃSKA, Paweł PAŚKO, Tadeusz LIBROWSKI, Magdalena GAWEŁ, Magdalena OLBERT, Anna LIPKOWSKA (Abstract) (Full tekst)
- Histopathologischer gelenk-endoprothesen- Partikelalgorithmus V. KRENN, P. THOMAS, M. THOMSEN, J.P. KRETZER, S. USBECK, L. SCHEUBER,W. RÜTHER, R. V. WELSER, F. HOPF, M. HUBER (Abstract) (Full text)