some few weeks ago MIR was proposed to be included in the important scientific register and search engine “Scopus” of the publisher “Elsevier”.
Unfortunately after a while the anonymous referee of the selection commission, which consists of international, but mainly English-speaking members, refuzed to accept our revue, as it contains “an uncomprehensive mix of languages” and “no-one, but no-one has adopted Esperanto.”
Scopus offered a simple advice to raise the chance of acceptance at a future trial, which will be possible only after July 2022: simply publish the complete journal and its homepage in English! The editors answered sending a clarifying letter, stating that the referee obviously fell prey to a serious misunderstanding and lack of information: there is good evidence, that round about 2 million speak Esperanto and it is our very mission to use Esperanto in medicine since 1923! Information about these proceedings attracted the attention of many eminent members of the UEA-committee.
They all supported our way of editing and considered these events proof of a serious lack of knowledge in the world of science outside of the Esperanto-movement as perfect impulse for further action. The best proof of the efficacy of Esperanto is doubtless the publication of many articles of high quality in Esperanto! Thus, dear Esperanto-speaking medical fellows: at work!
Table of contents
- Antidepressant-like and anxiolytic-like activity of a novel indoleamine derivative ADN-2013 in rodents, WASIK Anna, PARTYKA Anna, JASTRZĘBSKA-WIĘSEK Magdalena, KOŁACZKOWSKI Marcin, WESOŁOWSKA Anna (Pdf version)
- Aspects of the philosophical analysis of the concept of human dignity (Oryg. Aspekte einer philosophischen Analyse des Begriffs der Menschenwürde), FISCHER Marie-Luise, LINK Pierre-Carl (PDF version)
- Influence of αlpha-linolenic acid supplementation on murine macrophages RAW 264.7 activated with lipopolisaccharide, ZAJĄC Anna, SROCZYŃSKA Katarzyna, LIPKOWSKA Anna, OLBERT Magdalena, LIBROWSKI Tadeusz, SAŁAT Kinga, MALIKOWSKA Natalia, GDULA-ARGASIŃSKA Joanna (PDF version)
- Treatment planning of complicated endodontic cases with the use of CBCT, TOMASZEWSKA Iwona, SZUPIANY-JANECZEK Teresa, PYTKO-POLOŃCZYK Jolanta (PDF version)
- Lentinula edodes (Shiitake) – biological activity, MUSZYŃSKA Bożena, PAZDUR Przemysław, LAZUR Jan, SUŁKOWSKA-ZIAJA Katarzyna (PDF version)
- Evaluation of anti-manic activity of pregabalin in a mouse model of methylphenidate-induced mania, MALIKOWSKA Natalia, GRZYWA Anna, ŚLADOWSKA Joanna, SAŁAT Kinga, LIBROWSKI Tadeusz, GDULA-ARGASIŃSKA Joanna (PDF version)
- Phytotherapy as an alternative method to support treatment of hypertension
(Org. Fitoterapia jako alternatywna metoda wspomagająca leczenie nadciśnienia), WYKURZ Piotr, MUSZYŃSKA Bożena (PDF version)
- Simple explanation of the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis (MS) from the viewpoint of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) (Oryg. Simpla Eksplikado pri la kuracado de Multobla Sklerozo (MS) el la vidpunkto de Tradicia Ĉina Medicino (TĈM)), WANG Disheng (PDF version)