Table of Contents:
- Assessment of the Kaltenborn & Evjenth manual therapy in improving the condition of hands with rheumatoid arthritis MAŃKO GRZEGORZ, MAZUR-BIAŁY AGNIESZKA IRENA, DEMKIEWICZ DANIEL, POKORSKA JOANNA (Abstract),
- Some non-operative ways of lumbar disk herniation treatment – case report SOBOL JACEK, TĘSIOROWSKI MACIEJ, WILK-FRAŃCZUK MAGDALENA, JASIEWICZ BARBARA, PIECHOWICZ JACEK, OPOKA WŁODZIMIERZ (Abstract),
- Functional Results of operative treatment in slipped epiphysis ADAMCZYK JAKUB, SZCZĘŚNIAK ANDRZEJ, JASIEWICZ BARBARA, TĘSIOROWSKI MACIEJ (Abstract),
- Edible mushrooms in prophylaxis and treatment of human diseases MUSZYŃSKA BOŻENA, SUŁKOWSKA-ZIAJA KATARZYNA, ŁOJEWSKI MACIEJ, OPOKA WŁODZIMIERZ, ZAJĄC MAGDALENA, ROJOWSKI JACEK (Abstract),
- European disability strategy – assessment of implementation of EU directives on the seample of disabled client in Polish banks STACHARSKA-TARGOSZ JOLANTA, TARGOSZ RADOSŁAW (Abstract),
- Synaesthesia and autoscopy: rare symptoms of the temporal lobe? KLAWE CHRISTOPH (Abstract),
- Microemulsions as carriers of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids GÓRSKA ANNA, KRUPA ANNA (Abstract),
- Estimation of postural stability of a patient with multiple sclerosis during a rehabilitation program – case study BUTELSKA ALEKSANDRA, ZYZNAWSKA JOANNA, BOBER ALEKSANDRA, BĄK SYLWIA, MAŃKO GRZEGORZ (Abstract),
- Diclofenac – induced musical pseudohallucinations due to reduced perfusion of the left thalamus in 99M-TC-Bicisate-Spect KLAWE CHRISTOPH (Abstract),
- Aortopulmonary window closure by duct occluder: report of two cases SAYADPOUR ZANJANI KEYHAN (Abstract),
- Situation analysis on the eye care service in st. Joseph’s Eye Hospital, Mgbirichi Ohaji/Egbeme Lga Imo state of Nigeria UBAKA CHRISTIANA (Abstract),
- Should a sick person be an inspiration for an artist? BŁACHUTA MONIKA (Abstract),
From the Editor
The new editors of the “International Medicine Review” magazine continue their work and present you the 101st edition of this international medical journal.
Thanks to our hard working co-editors and the UMEA SHINODA clinic in Kraków we are hoping to get more success for MIR. The coming year, 2014 is especially important for UMEA, because between the 16th and 20th of July UMEA is organizing the 19th International Medical Esperanto Congress in Budapest, Hungary under the Honorary Protection of the Rector of the Semmelweis University in Budapest Prof. Ágoston Szél and the Rector of the Medical College of Jagiellonian University in Kraków Prof. Piotr Laidler. We hope that the 19th IMEK will achieve scientific, organizational and financial success, and as a result of that we will be able to continue the publication of MIR and the organizational work of UMEA.
As you can see, in this issue MIR publishes some interesting articles of new authors.
MIR is probably the only magazine which accepts articles in various languages with an obligatory abstract in English and Esperanto.
In this year the evaluation of MIR will be updated for the “Index Copernicus” taking into account the December 2013 issue of our magazine. In the New Year we are also waiting for the judgment of the U.S. commission to see whether MIR is going to be included in the NCBI database. This would facilitate finding published articles through scientific search engines such as PubMed.
MIR continues to prove that Esperanto works well with other languages in the medical sciences. Although we are willing to accept articles in any language, we hope that the Esperanto-speaking medical scientists continue to publish their articles directly in Esperanto.
The Editing Committee of MIR expects additional publications especially those that will be presented during the 19th IMEK this year in Budapest.
We are pleased to find additional co-editors for MIR from different countries. We have the pleasure to welcome Sister Dr Christiana Ubaka of Nigeria in the editorial team. She is the head of an Ophthalmology hospital in her home country.
We are hoping to receive more of your original articles about your research, interesting case re-ports, and summaries of important scientific issues or reports on difference aspects of the Health System in your countries.
At this opportunity we thank Associate Professor Bożena Muszyńska (Pharmaceutical Faculty of Medical College of the Jagiellonian University) for her hard work on correcting and co-editing this issue of MIR.
Editor-in-chief Associate Professor Włodzimierz Opoka
Vice Editor-in-chief Doctor Christoph Klawe